Each of our electricians is fully trained in installation techniques and codes to ensure a safe and trouble-free installation. We want to make sure that you receive the best possible installation and products for your home. You can trust King Electric for all your residential electrical needs.
Our Residential Electrical Services
Owning a home requires hard work to maintain a safe electrical system. Whether you are looking to buy, build, purchase, or upgrade a home, you can trust King Electric. We are proud to offer the following services to residential clients:
- Electrical inspections - When you want to purchase a new home, or if you need an inspection for insurance reasons, you will need to work with King Electric. Our team can help identify potential problems and repair them quickly.
- Service upgrades - Older buildings will sometimes need service upgrades to ensure that all equipment and wiring is up to date and properly functioning. We are trained in all Maine and national electrical codes and can install safe and reliable systems.
- Rewiring & Repairs - If your home has out-of-date wiring, you need to bring it up to modern standards. We can make sure that your wiring is properly installed according to the National Electric Code and provide you with trouble-free and energy-efficient options.
- New construction - Our electricians can provide you with quality craftsmanship and safe installations that are completed in a timely manner and are in compliance with Maine state laws. We also assist with projects involving remodels and additions.
- Remodeling - Our licensed electricians will let you know exactly what needs to be done for your remodeling project and will give you the best service possible.
- Replacement knob & tube wiring - Knob and Tube is an outdated wiring system that uses small pieces, called knobs, to hold the wires in place. This style of wiring is no longer accepted as per NEC guidelines because it poses a severe fire hazard. Our master electricians can help you replace these outdated wiring today.
- Home & Lighting Automation - We can create home automations such as remote temperature control and lighting systems to improve your home living conveniences and increase the safety of your home while you are away.
- Generator Installation - Remove the uncertainty and risk of power outages with a standby home generator. Wherever you are, it takes over when the power goes out, giving you the peace of mind to worry about your loved ones in an emergency.
In addition, we also offer installation and maintenance of fire alarms and smoke detectors, installation of outdoor and landscape lighting, and networking and data wires for telephones and internet. We can install recess lighting, install Lutron Radio Ra & HomeWorks systems, perform LED replacements, and provide routine service work for your home or garden.
Examples of residential projects we’ve done in Downeast Maine
We've provided critical electrical power resources to vital commercial organizations in the region for banks, regional hospitals, educational institutions, city governments and many more.